The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. The Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation ( https://alliancebioversityciat.org/ )
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance a member of the CGIAR Consortium ( www.cgiar.org ) a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is seeking to recruit an Administration Analyst. The Administration Analyst will be responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative, logistical, and operational support to the research projects and coordination office. The incumbent will be based in Arusha, under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Administration & Operations. The person selected will act as the focal point for processing requests made by research staff following the institutional procedures to contribute to the efficient delivery of projects.
- Maintain permanent communication and support the lead administrative aspect of research projects for planning, execution, and monitoring of travels, events, services,and contracts.
- Preparation of requests and travels legalization in OCS/Agresso for all research units of the Alliance operating out of the Arusha office.
- Preparation of requisitions for supplies and services in Agresso and follow up on goods and services received note.
- Support the Coordinator of Administration & Operations with requests for research programs staff, temporary staff, and students.
- Preparation of requisitions in OCS/Agresso and monitoring payments for national and international consultants.
- Logistical support to all research units of the Alliance operating out of the Arusha office, visitors, and participants in courses and workshops, facilitating the flow of communication within the team.
- Monitoring of the budget execution of all research programs in the country.
- Support the Coordinator of Administration & Operations and PIs in the daily maintenance of the office operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics and Procurement, Accounting, or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package.
- Advance command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Sound knowledge of standard office operations and procedures.
- Strong client orientation and service approach.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and teamwork skills.
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, problem-solving, and accuracy.
This is a nationally recruited position based in Arusha, Tanzania. The contract will be for one year period, subject to a probation period of three (3) months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender.
Applicants are invited to visit https://www.bioversityinternational.org/jobs/ to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number Ref: 102892 Administration Analyst as the position applied for. Application and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
Note: The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applications closing date: 16th February, 2023
Please note that email applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.