Dorcas is active in Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, and the Middle East. We empower marginalized people and communities to flourish. We believe in the value and God-given potential of every single person. In Tanzania, We work on WASH, food Security, Youth empowerment, Integrating Farm Planning, and Social Protection program. We do this in partnership with implementing partners within six districts across Eastern, Northern, and central Tanzania.
The purpose of the position is to lead and coordinate all project activities in line with set targets and in full compliance with donor requirements and Dorcas operating policies. To work closely with project implementing partners, communities, stakeholders, and the Dorcas staff for the implementation of project activities in target communities and ensure a high level of quality and effective performance.
- Ensure the availability of farm inputs and facilitate their applications.
- Support farmers in developing their farm plans and train them on good agronomical practices(GAP)
- Coordinate implementation of Project activities according to the set objectives and plans of action, ensuring compliance with the project goal and donor requirements.
- Work closely with project partners, stakeholders, communities, and Dorcas staff to ensure high-quality and effective performance.
- Follow a monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with the MEAL Team to ensure record keeping of monthly, semi-annual, and annual basis progress against the stated objectives.
- Ensure regular site visit monitoring of the progress of all activities in the field.
Knowledge and qualifications for the role:
- Education, Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture general, agribusiness, Social Science, or related field
- With over 3 years of experience in the related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Good Communication and planning skills
- Self-expression Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Should be physically fit and able to ride a motorcycle.
- English and Swahili
Apply to this Vacancy.
Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send your CV and motivation letter explaining your suitability for this Coordinator position no later than February 17th, 2023, to Dorcas Tanzania, P.O.BOX 14385 Arusha, or via to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will close this advert when we have received sufficient applications and will invite qualified candidates immediately.