Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: ART Nurse Officer
Reports to : In – charge
Deadline: 21st February 2023
Job Summary :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, adherence to clinic visits, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease, treatment management, prevention as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
- Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
- Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer in-charge.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
Diploma in Nursing.(Degree in nursing is added advantage) At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services 1. Must have a valid license of practice. 2. Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication. 3. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet. 4. Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects. 5. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision. 6. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Special Employment Condition
On Contract Basis
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 February 2023.