The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is a senior manager who works closely with the Director to ensure guests receive the highest level of food and service.
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline employees and managers in multiple Food & Beverage operations and outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
2. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
3. Play an active role in the Lodge’s Guardian Angel Program and lead from the front to create a successful guest relations program.
4. Strive to not only maintain but to elevate the offer through training, development and implementation of new concepts.
5. The ability to work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
6. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
7. Ensure training is carried out on service standards / food tastings / wine programs and cocktail and drink lists to ensure employees are comfortable in delivering truly luxury guest experiences.
8. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
9. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
10. Sit on Planning Committee and play an active role on the Senior Leadership team at the Lodge.
11. Part of the Mentor Program to assist to develop local upcoming Mmgt and supervisory talent.
12. Ensure all back of house Still Rooms and Storage areas are consistently maintained and up kept. Ensure cleaning and tracking programs are in place for cleaning / maintenance of all equipment including fridges / ice machines / coffee machines etc.