Purpose of the Role
To supervise andprovide high quality medical care and support to the Medical department and ekaterra Tea Tanzania Limited (eTTL)
- Advising CMO on planning of future policies of the Medical and occupational department, concerning development, treatment schedules, OPD, Administration, Reproductive and Child Health, Dispensaries/Health Centres and Occupational Health (Prevention).
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients, according the guidelines in the Medical and occupational health department including performing minor and major surgeries.
- Take care in diagnosis and treatment of patients at CTC and provide medical care as per national guidelines.
- Coordinate home based care (HBC), orphans and vulnerable children in our catchments area.
- Supervision of out patient Department, Dispensaries and Health Centres, TB/Leprosy department.
- Take part in financial administration of Medical Department including hospital fees, referral claims, medical staff/sub staff pay rolls and dependant card system.
- Take part on care and maintenance of all company assets in the Medical Department & hygiene hospital employee’s premises through monthly inspections.
- Evaluate and appraise performance of Clinical Officers, Clinical Assistants and Dispensary Assistant.
- Maintain the Good image of ekaterra internally, externally and to the general public by supervision of cooperate social responsibility projects like the care and treatment clinic, male circumcision clinic and home based care.
- Supervise implementation of SHEQ & other ekaterra Policies in the Department.
- Supervise pharmacy and dispensaries to ensure balanced drug stocks.
- Regular supervisory visits to dispensaries and health centre to maintain and standardize quality medical services
- Selection, training and development of all medical staff, including medical personnel in the Estates/Factories
- General management of the hospital and dispensaries
- Implementation of company defined polices ,procedures ,programs and systems allowing the unit/Department to meet the company commitment on Occupational Health , Safety environment care and consumer safety
- Proactive identification of hazards or environmental aspects and putting in place effective safeguards aiming at eliminating/reduction of accidents or incidents
- Advanced diploma in Clinical Medicine
- 2 to 3 years experience in medical profession
- Experience in people management
- Hospital management skills
- Medical practitioner
- Sourcing medical equipment, drugs and materials.
- Quality assurance
- Assets investment and care.
- Growth Mindset
- Accountability And Responsibility
- Building Talent And Teams
- Consumer And Customer Focus
- Bias For Action
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Discussion about this post