|3 years 0 months
|Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
|3/20/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC is recruiting an Associate Operations Officer to be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. The Associate Operations Officer will support the Country Manager and Resident Representative and various teams working in/on Tanzania. They will be responsible for a broad scope of research, analytical and operational support work; and coordinating efforts across the Investment and Advisory groups to support the development of country and regional strategies.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Support the Country and Regional Management team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program. S/he must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
• Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
• Serve as the ‘go-to’ person for data/research and all operational/resource support work for the region as directed by the Country Manager and the Regional management team.
• Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency and update/maintain the information in database regularly.
• Prepare documents and reports to present information to a variety of audiences including country strategy submissions, sections of World Bank Country Partnership Framework documents, inputs into business plans, work program agreements.
• Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with strategy documents. Provide research/analytical support to work products produced and on assignments that may arise as directed by the Country Manager.
• Under the guidance of the Country Manager, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local markets, pipe-line and portfolio.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff.
• Provide support to the country team on IFC joint efforts with the WB and other development partners.
• Liaise and interact effectively with an extensive network of contacts, at senior levels (both internal and external), and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
• Must have good network of contacts, both with government stakeholders and business community at large.
• Provide support for select visiting missions.
• Masters degree in Finance, Economics, MBA or equivalent is required.
• At least 5 years of experience working on economics, private sector development, and finance.
• A good understanding of the political and macroeconomic situation in Tanzania. Experience working on or in Tanzania will be an added advantage.
• Extensive experience of working in, and excellent understanding of the economic context and challenges of Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet work and preparation of power point presentations and an ability to conduct research on the web on a wide variety of topics.
• Strong team skills with the ability to work across organizational boundaries with ease.
• Strong attention to detail and quality.
• Experience of IFC or World Bank strategy/budgeting processes and familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.