VACANCIES – BOARD MEMBERS
Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, one of the locally established Bank in Tanzania since August 1997, continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a span of 25 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base. The bank ranks fourth in the country in terms of total assets as on 31st Dec, 2022. It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007), Republic of Djibouti (2011) Uganda (2016) and a representative office in Addis-Ababa Ethiopia (2021). The Bank has a total of 47 branches across the Group with 30 branches located at strategic locations across Tanzania.
The Board of Directors has identified a need for individuals with knowledge and experience in banking, financial services, corporate or private business / entrepreneurship, marketing, corporate development, legal, information technology; to serve as Independent Directors on the Board in line with the requirements of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) regulations, 2021.
Board Member Commitment:
- A commitment to regularly attend Board Meetings and related meetings
- Actively participate on the board and subcommittees of the board
- Prepare for board meetings by reading relevant meeting materials in advance
- Accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time
- Stay informed about matters concerning the board its subcommittees
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish policies and objectives that will direct the activities of the bank in all areas of operations and ensure the adherence of them by senior management
- Monitoring and controlling the operations to ensure the bank comply with laws and regulations
- To approve a strategic plan in collaboration with the management, monitor and evaluate its implementation to ensure the banks achieves its vision, mission, and objectives
- Identification and management of the key strategic risks of the bank and ensure effective internal controls to mitigate the operation and business risks are in place
- Demonstrate significant commercial, strategic and operational experience in Board discussions
- Provide guidance and oversight to management as they develop a customer centric set of values for the Bank
- Selecting, monitoring, and evaluating the performance of Chief Executive Officer of the Bank
- Proven Leadership
- Previous Board Experience
- Financial sector experience
- Experience with large and complex organizations
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested persons wishing to be considered for the position must submit an application letter, curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards through email@example.com by 28th February 2023. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Discussion about this post