JOB ADVERT – BOILERMAKER (02 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermakers to join our team. Successful candidates for this position are expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within their team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation, access, and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements, and inspection complies with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment, and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols, and cutting tools
- Using oxy-acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging, and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating, and cutting job cards/ work orders, hot work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety, and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum HME equipment availability. Meeting or exceeding planned HME equipment availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure the Supervisor and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential, and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Process Plant Operations, Respective Mills, Crusher
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with defensive driving skills
- 2 – 5 Years Post qualified experience in Fixed Plant/ Equipment Repair & Maintenance
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Boiler making/Welding
- Fault Finding
- Light Vehicle License
- Hand Tools Operation
- Power Tools operation- Cutting, grinding, welding, drilling
- Working at Height
- Mines Health & Safety Act (M)