Responsible for managing the review of operational processes and successful initiation, planning, execution and closure of the various ICT projects for the country.
The end game for the project will be elimination and/or ensuring end to end reliance of the existing systems the organization is using across the departments, by ensuring data collected and processed is synchronised across the organisation.
- Analyze complex business problems and identify opportunities for improvement through the use of technology
- Review, understand and internalize Britam’s 2021 – 2025 group strategy together with the proposed Project ICT and various future projects (To-Be) process maps. ICT Project is Britam Tanzania’s Digital Transformation initiative that looks to fully automate the company’s front and back office operations.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management, and present findings to stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements for technology systems and processes
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and technologies to bring new ideas and approaches to the Review, understand and internalize existing business processes through literature review and stakeholder interviews.
- Develop detailed Microsoft Visio process flow diagrams for the country’s future state processes.
- Develop detailed operational procedure documents/manuals for the country’s future state processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather and interpret data, and develop recommendations to drive business decisions
- Verify & approve all design solutions and test cases to ensure the business requirements have been met.
- Deliver improvements to the Business through standardising Requirement Specifications, Use Cases, Test Cases and synergy identification documents.
- Design, develop, and implement new technology-based processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Undertake project initiation activities including preparing a project charter and business case for assigned projects
- Translates the project mandate into detailed concept, defining benefits, analysing interested parties, and defining deliverables
- Responsible for providing strategic project planning, including resource planning, preparing a comprehensive project schedule and project budgeting
- Mobilise project team consisting of internal business users, IT experts, business partners and third-party suppliers
- Lead the project team in execution of project activities ensuring required quality standards are adhered to
- Develop business models and plans to support new technology initiatives and projects
- Vendor management to ensure project is delivered on time, on scope and within budget.
- Project risk management including carrying out risk assessments and designing and implementing risk mitigation initiatives
- Develop and implement a communication and change management plan for the project
- Develop and implement a stakeholder management plan to ensure project success
- Updates the project plan as the project progresses, assess risk, resolves issues and reports
- Manage project CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Provide periodic project status reports to key stakeholders
- Employ business analysis, system design and system testing methodologies to manage quality of project deliverables ensuring business requirements are fully met
- Ensures appropriate handover of the project including the documentation of lesson learned and a submission project report
- Ensures proper integration (by appropriate communication and documentation) of the deliverables into existing IT infrastructure and business processes
Key Performance Measures:
- Project Delivery;
- Time – N0 more than 10% schedule slippage.
- Cost – No more than 10% budget overrun.
- Quality – 90% of business requirements correctly delivered with project go-live.
The Business Analyst will be:
- Accountable to the Chief Operations Officer
- Work collaboratively with other project team members
- Required to liaise and work closely with respective departmental/business heads, business process owners, program management office, risk & compliance and internal audit departments.
- System implementation partners
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- Project Management Expertise: Certification in Prince2 or PMP would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong data analysis skills, including experience with SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools
- Business analysis and process design experience with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of delivering successful technology projects on time and within budget
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Technical and functional competencies
- Ability to customise project management processes, tools, and templates as required for the project
- Expert on Microsoft Project Management Tools.
- Excellent analytical and organisation skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse business processes and workflows
- Effective communication (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to reconcile key stakeholder interests, conflicting priorities, and business strategy
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Contractual
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 13-03-2023
Unposting Date: 20-03-2023
Number of Openings: 1
Discussion about this post