Chemonics International is seeking prospective candidates for an experienced Chief of Party (COP) position for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. This Activity will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition and WASH-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
The COP will lead and oversee the strategic vision, technical leadership, and overall management of the program. The COP will be responsible for project inputs, strategy, and coordination with USAID, project counterparts, and other donors within the sector, and other programs as necessary. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the program follows USAID regulations, the contract, and Chemonics policies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the Activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Work with the team to provide technical direction to staff, downstream partners, and grantees
- Maintain two-way communication with USAID, the field staff, and Chemonics home office
- Oversee contract performance and ensure compliance with contract provisions while managing contract finances (budget and fund allocations)
- Supervise personnel management of key operational and technical departments of the program
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of the program (including grant and subcontracts management, financial, capacity building, performance monitoring and reporting
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field
- At least 10 years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of multi-sectoral, donor-funded projects
- Proven track record of using evidence and performance data to improve quality and impact of nutrition, WASH, and/or food security programming in sub-Saharan Africa
- Prior experience in building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of institutional stakeholders, including national and local governments
- Experience working for USAID programs preferred
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please apply at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e7d853df64bd47aa9e9a3fddcf2485eb. Applications must be submitted by March 10, 2023. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Discussion about this post