Position: Clinical Officer (2 Posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: March 8 th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced individuals to work as Clinical Officers at the Clinical Trials Facility in Bagamoyo. They will be required to work at selected clinical trial sites where they will recruit and conduct follow ups on study participants including clinical care of any medical condition as presented by study participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat patients according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management, Standard Treatment Guidelines and Local guidelines.
- Review laboratory results and resolve quires related to data collected.
- Attend internal and external meeting conducted at facility during study conduct.
- Attend two Departmental Meeting in each financial year.
- Participate in the development of study standard operating procedure and study documents.
- Recruit, follow up as study scheduled as specified by each protocol and SOPs.
- Ensure that protocol standard operating procedures and all related study documents are well communicated and duly followed by all personnel involved in the trial.
- Ensure that all ethical concerns in the protocols approved by the review board are duly followed in the trial.
- Supervise study procedure and ensure ring that are all done well as per approved protocol ICH Guidelines and relevant local regulation (National Institute of Medical Research and Tanzania Food and Drug Authority).
- Work in professional and ethical manner accountability and integrity.
- To attend community sensitization meeting to recruit study volunteer.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by the Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in clinical medicine.
- At least one year of working experience.
- Enrolled and allowed to practice as clinical officer by the Medical Council.
Skills and Competencies
- Time management to establish priorities and planning the project timelines.
- Knowledge of good clinical practice (GCP).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective team work.
- Effective communication, collaborative and problem-solving skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good oral communications in English and Swahili.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday March 8th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: CLINICAL OFFICER – LMI PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania