Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Reports to : In – charge
Deadline: 21st February 2023
Job Summary :
Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing Clinical care to HIV patients in the clininic including;
- Management of Opportunistic Infections
- Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
- Initiating patients on ART
- Managing complications of ART
- Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested.
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic.
- Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Facility in-Charge
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution;
At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services. 1. Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects. 2. Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication. 3. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet. 4. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision. 5. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Special Employment Condition
- On contract basis
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 February 2023.
Discussion about this post