Position: Communication Officer (Intern)
Agreement: Fixed contract
Reporting line: Finance and Administration Manager
Vacant Post: 1
Work station: HQ Office, Morogoro Municipal,
Purpose / Role: This position requires an individual who is passionate about providing communication and technical support to the organization. The CO is primarily charged with knowledge synthesis and presentation; events communication; and management of the HACOCA website & social media platforms.
Additionally, the CO will – from time to time – consult staff and provide them with communications technical support. Successful applicants must be ready to work in Morogoro and as directed by the organization. Preference will be given to successful applicants based in the Morogoro region specifically in Morogoro Urban.
Roles and Tasks:
1. Knowledge synthesis and presentation duties:
- Simplify publications work into digestible summaries for community consumption and as required by our partners/ donors.
- Source/take photos and videos for illustrating publications as required by the organization for community consumption and as required by our partners/ donors.
- Design/present publications in appealing ways as required by the organization
- Compile reports of publications monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annually as required by the organization
- Supervise recording (in video mode) of publications and support the posting/sharing of the same in the organization’s internal and external channels.
2. Events communication duties:
- Provide support in planning, coordinating, and executing organization events as required.
- Liaise with the media, including maintaining contacts with them, and inviting them to events as required.
- Prepare information kits (with all the necessary materials in such as press releases, fact sheets, photos, & videos/video links) for official HACOCA events.
- Guide the media at events, including ensuring their logistics and meeting all their necessary needs such as fixing appointments for interviews with HACOCA staff and beneficiaries as required.
- Monitor the media after events and compile reports (including clips and links to coverage of the event) monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annually as required
3. Website & social media platform duties
- Provide coverage of HACOCA events on the organization’s website & social media channels as required.
- Compose website & social media messages for different kinds of audiences as required by the organization and international standards.
- Take/source photos and videos for website & social media messages as required by the organization
- Design/present messages in appealing ways as required by the organization and professional standards
- Compile reports on website & social media monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annually as required by the organization and professional standards
- Assist the organization in the development and implementation of the Communication Strategy and its relevant guidelines and tools.
- Provide support in advancing Institutional communication/branding objectives as per HACOCA strategy and operational plans as developed and revised from time to time.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor in any of these fields: Mass Communication, Journalism, and Public Relations will be perfect for the roles outlined.
- The position requires someone with a mixed skill set i.e., corporate communications, journalism, and Public Relationships.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in successfully accomplishing similar duties.
- Writing, editing, and basic graphics skills are essential and will be strictly checked and tested.
- Those who previously successfully held a similar position or duties in an NGO, company, or government will have added advantage.
- Fluent in the English and Swahili Languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented
- Organized, time-conscious, and ability to deliver even under tight deadlines.
- Professional attitude with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
Mode of Application
Candidates must submit a succinct cover letter of no more than 2 pagesexplaining how they satisfy the requirements of the roles and responsibilities and person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The closing date for application is 16:00 on 25th February 2023. All qualified candidates are to send their fully filled Applications including cover letters, academic certificates (copies), and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email title should contain the Full name of the applicant and the position applied.
Human and Resource Manager
Huruma Aids Concern and Care (HACOCA)
U/Taifa ward, Ukutu street, Opp. Sabasabagrounds, Plot 14k2,Morogoro Urban.
P.O. BOX 1094,
It is the policy of HACOCA;
1. Not to discriminate against any applicant of employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
2. To believe in gender equality in all aspects of operations i.e., to beneficiaries, volunteers, and co-workers, thereby giving both men and women equal opportunity to shape the organization and its work.
3. To maintain a caring and protective environment for children. HACOCA opposes all forms of child abuse (including physical, sexual, emotional, and neglect), discrimination, exploitation, and manipulation of children as pointed out in Tanzania’s Child Act of 2009.
4. Not to stigmatize and discriminate against its co-workers, and or beneficiaries/ clients regardless of their health status, gender, race, ethnic background, culture, (dis)ability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or socio-economic status.
Discussion about this post