GLOBAL HEALTH SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – TANZANIA
CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT OF WORK
Purpose: To support the Ministry of Health in the implementation of supply chain initiatives for both Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.
Providers): Two (2) Health Commodities Supply Chain Advisors
Period of Performance: February to May 2023(69 days)
Place of Performance: Various locations- Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar
The Government of Tanzania, through the Ministry of Health (MOH) and President’s Office, Regional Administrations, and Local Government (PORALG) has increased focus on the continuous availability of health commodities at health facilities. This has been demonstrated through undertaking ownership in strengthening supply chain systems in the country and strategic collaboration with implementing partners.
The Government of Tanzania in collaboration with development partners have invested in improving the health commodities supply chain but due to dynamics in global health systems and supply chain evolution, it necessitates a review of health logistics systems including working tools. Furthermore, technical support to healthcare workers is recommended for effective supply chain practices such as proper inventory management of health commodities (medicines, medical supplies, vaccines, laboratory reagents, etc.), supply chain supervision and oversight, and responding to public health emergencies, just to mention a few.
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC-TA-TZ) has been working closely with both Ministries of Health Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar in developing agile, robust, and sustainable health supply chains that will contribute towards improving medicines availability and ultimately the health status of Tanzanians. Various initiatives have been deployed to strengthen the health commodities supply chain. These initiatives include: Redesigned Logistics System (RLS), Bottom-Up Quantification (BUQ), Information Mobilized for Performance Analysis and Continuous Transformation (IMPACT) approach, Health Commodities Revolving Fund(HCRF), National Key Performance Indicators (KPI), e-learning modules for the health supply chain, etc.
To provide technical support for the implementation of health commodities supply chain initiatives in both Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar between January and May 2023. Technical support is ranging from review of logistics systems and tools, capacity-building activities, assessment of vaccine temperature monitoring, and updating the e-learning materials contents as per current operationalization.
- To review Zanzibar logistics system tools and provide capacity building.
- To provide capacity building on immunization services to Regional and Councils health management teams and offer technical support to Immunization and Vaccines Development team.
- To provide technical support in the assessment of vaccine temperature monitoring
- To Review and update the e-learning health supply chain modules.
- To review and update existing eLearning modules of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & Health Commodities Revolving Fund (HCRF)
- To review scripts and record eLearning modules of KPI, Data Analytics & HCRF
- To support the assessment of vaccines temperature monitoring
- To provide technical support during capacity building of National, Regional, and Council vaccine immunization officers on the supply chain management of vaccines and related supplies.
- To conduct a TOT on Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Zanzibar health commodities monthly distribution
- To conduct roll-out training on monthly distribution to PHCU/PHCU+ in Zanzibar
- Activity Report
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying this position please send your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24 February, 2023.