JOB TITLE: Digital Learning Experience Designer
The digital learning experience designer is responsible for the implementation and oversight of TCDC’s online education, learning, and knowledge outcomes. This role is part of the Learning and Training Unit, and the successful candidate will be expected to work with relevant staff within the organisation to design, develop, maintain, and implement learning interventions for +1000 professionals and young people yearly around the globe. The successful candidate is expected to have a viable digital learning and knowledge management strategy and plan that will support the vision of the centre to capture, share, and extend learning and knowledge online.
The Digital Learning Experience Designer will be responsible for sustaining the institution’s reputation for quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. We are not only considering how we can produce relevant learning designs, but we are also keen on understanding the impact of our efforts. The team consists of learning specialists, and you will complement us because you know how to convert our designs and learning concepts into attractive digital content that speaks to professionals and young leaders.
We intend to develop self-paced courses, online trainings, and face-to-face trainings, as well as a combination of the two, which we will refer to as “blended learning.” MS TCDC: https://www.mstcdc.or.tz / ActionAid Digital Learning Platform: ActionAid Learning (talentlms.com)
Tasks and Responsibilities
As our new digital learning experience designer, you will analyze the data from the learning management site, develop user journeys, produce powerful graphics and illustrations, and remind us to be user oriented. This includes the following roles:
- Technical specialist in learning design processes around the short professional courses Tasks:
- Contribute to learning design processes together with project owners, end-users and subject matter experts.
- Support TCDC faculty and subject matter experts in creating engaging learning activities for e-course implementation.
- Developing concepts into inspiring and motivational written/visual learning resources this includes development of video productions and other products (for short professional courses and Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA II)/ Danida Fellowship Centre (DFC) communities).
- Be part of the TCDC Learning Committee sub-committee on Digital and blended learning
- Be the TCDC focal person in the ActionAid Denmark (AADK) Digital Capacity and Learning Working Group
- Oversight and Administration of Digital Solutions for the Learning and Training Unit and other units as need arises Tasks:
- Managing service providers and ensure effective day-to-day management of digital sites and platforms.
- Continuously troubleshoot and evaluate solutions.
- Advise on and implement necessary changes and lead decision making in changing platforms, services etc. as well as implement changes.
- Establish support setup and provide support on the use of the learning management system and authoring tools.
Digital learning quality
Tasks: • Continuously refining our design method and design tools.
- Make user studies and data analysis and communicate findings to the project team and ensure they are used actively to adjust digital solutions.
- Ensure that learnings from the field of digital learning is captured and used to inform further development of our digital solutions.
- Innovative ways of implementing digital learning.
- Search for new technical solutions that meet our customers on the technical devices they have available, e.g., mobile phones.
- Research on, develop and maintain online instruction platforms for e-learning at
- Develop or research and institute other relevant digital learning products to support TCDC Digital and Blended Learning ambitions
- Maintain classrooms and relevant e-learning requirement and troubleshoot where relevant
To be a good fit for the position as the digital learning experience designer, you have:
- Proven experience of developing digital learning content
- At least three years in education or related industry
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and authoring tools (preferably Articulate 360)
- Experience with adult learning
- Video-animation skills
- Graphical design and creative skills
- The ability to collaborate in an organizational context dealing with a changing political environment
- A self-driven way of working and the ability to structure time and resources
- A passion for working with young people and ability to communicate with this target group
- Intercultural work experiences an advantage
It’s nice if you also:
- Have thematic experience within feminism, rights-based approach and organisational development
- Have experience with ActionAid Denmark/ Danida Fellowship Centre
- Are motivated about being part of a hybrid international team
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in IT; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Knowledge, abilities and skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of online learning
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- 1-year, fulltime appointment
- Opportunity to work with teams delivering the ActionAid SPA II programme, the Danida Fellowship Centre and TCDC ‘together for impact’ programme
- Flexible work conditions
- A workplace with a purpose, working for creating political and social change A lot of great, fun and dedicated colleagues
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com and attach your CV, motivational letter, and any available links to samples of your work with subject “Digital Learning Experience Designer”
14th March 2023
Discussion about this post