With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Project Planning and Management
- In an assigned district, achieve high quality project implementation and reporting of project interventions, track the targets and shared in a timely manner Project Manager, Cluster R&L Specialist, DME and WVT Head Office
- Innovatively collaborate with partners, allies, LGAs and like-minded stakeholders to influence policy and achieve the multiplied impact;
- Maintain a tight understanding on all field activities, programme strategies, resources and actual responsibilities as necessary to ensure appropriate progress toward objectives;
- Spearheaded day to day project operations by providing technical guidance on activities implementation.
- Effective project implementation according to PDD and Logframe.
- Harmonized relationship with partners
- Improved relationship with the project donor.
Project Budget and Resource Management
- Participate in annual and multiyear budget plans, reviews and report preparation in collaboration with finance staff.
- Ensure compliance with WVT finance policy and donor requirements in management and use of financial and non-financial resources;
- Take part in the management of project funds, including monitoring of monthly budget burn rates, budget re-alignments, and support internal and external auditing;
- Creating synergies and resource leverage with government and other actors through facilitating integrated district-level planning and budgeting;
- Effective budget management according to WV and WFP standards.
- Achieve more result using less resources.
- Wise stewardship of resources.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEAL) and Reporting
- Adapt in collaboration with project colleagues, the project theory of change;
- Participate in development and spearhead implementation of the programme’s impact measurement system, including: collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking programme performance and decision making;
- Deliberately collaborate with other World Vison projects, ensure that project is well implemented and generate evidence for policy impact and contribute to World Vision ministry and WFP strategy.
- Prepare and share quality project progress reports as per stakeholder timelines and submit to the relevant authority;
- Take part in annual programme review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Plan, organise and conduct reflective learning forums (quarterly reflection meetings, workshops, etc) internally and externally with programme stakeholders including government in the assigned district council.
- Timely preparation and sharing of project documents, plans and report.
- Quality monitoring, evaluation and learning to enhance project progress towards goal and influence decision making
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations partners, LGAs and stakeholders and other consortium members with regards to the implementation and accountability.
- Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, participation in different forums including national, zonal, regional and local events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions in the relevant fields.
- Represent the project in various assigned learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences as per Project Manager Guidance.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Build a network and create a positive image about the project, WV and WFP in general
Other duties as assigned by the employer
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in management/coordination of Donor Funded projects.
- Experience with INGOs, WFP and other UN Agencies projects management/coordination is an added advantage.
- Should have an experience and general understanding of inclusive and holistic programming such as though not limited to GESI responsive and transformative designs, Environment, Market Led approaches, Financial Management, and related mainstreaming strategies and activities especially in livelihood sector.
Required Education, Training, license, registration, and certification
- Should have a university degree in Rural Development, Community Development, Agricultural economics, Agriculture, Management or related field.
- Having Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Having worked in refugees’ and host community’s context is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in working in the consortium project
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local, national and international level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Significant experience in working with government officials, donors and multi-partner programmes
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Report writing skills: Ability to write reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Willing to work in rural areas and travel extensively in the assigned Districts Council
- On call; 5%
- Must be able to work in rural areas.
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages.
This Job will be based in Kigoma (Kasulu & Kibondo)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
KITIKI Project Manager
- Direct reporting.
Regional Project Supportive Staffs
Local Government Authorities.
- Work together in project implementation including co-planning, review and reporting.
- All decisions will be done with the endorsement of KITIKI Project Manager.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only