Chemonics seeks a Finance and Operations Director for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. This Activity will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition and WASH-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
The Finance and Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, compliance, subcontract management, office management, and reporting. S/he will provide financial and operational management support to ensure successful Activity implementation.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party (COP) and the Chemonics-Washington office to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion and that funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly project office accounts.
- Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities.
- Ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, including fraud and risk mitigation practices.
- Oversee procurement efforts for the activity in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, agreement/contract requirements, and Chemonics policies.
- Supervise Finance and HR team to ensure Activity is in alignment with all local labor laws.
- Work with Activity and subcontractor staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately accounts for Activity funds.
- Oversee development, implementation of and compliance with organizational manuals/policies.
- Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management.
- Master’s Degree or CPA in a related field.
- Seven to ten years of management level experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated success in managing finances for organizations with multi-million dollar annual budgets.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with activity technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software.
- Demonstrated success in managing grants including risk assessment and capacity building for grant-worthiness.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting and;
- Strong English speaking and writing language skills.
Discussion about this post