JOB TITLE: Front Office Assistant
MS TCDC is a renowned Pan-African training center, located in Arusha, Tanzania, with a unique dedication to high-quality capacity development for social transformation. For over 50 years, we have delivered exceptional training in areas such as democratic governance, human rights, transformational leadership, gender equality, youth participation, climate change governance and Swahili and cultural orientation. To date, the centre trains and hosts over 5,000 individuals annually from all over the world.
The Centre is currently expanding its programs to meet the increasing demand for transformative and value-driven leadership in Africa and beyond. To support this expansion and ensure exceptional customer service for our diverse participants, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Front Office Assistant to join our team.
The Front Office Assistant reports directly to the Head of Front Office & Client Services.
The selected candidate shall be responsible for provision of optimal customer care in the Front Office and prompt logistics services. In addition, the Front Office Assistant shall be responsible for administering workshops and conferences, including timely and correctly data capturing in CRM. The Front Office Assistant, a member of Front Office team is expected to ensure linkage with other departments i.e. Facilities, Catering and Finance as well as other relevant units, and provide timely information and assistance to current and potential customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consistently follow up on the planned conferences and workshops, inform the management of the status and take early actions to ensure decisions are made and budget targets are met.
- Entry of data related to conferences and workshops in CRM system i.e. entry of customer details and invoicing information, and follow up payments.
- Allocation of accommodation and meeting rooms, and inform relevant operation departments for preparation and necessary action.
- To attend to arrival and departure of groups and individuals, issue and receive relevant information; room keys; copies of identification cards/ travel documents to/from customers.
- To register those requiring transport to and from Arusha and help customers in regards to their departures.
- Arrange flight bookings and other travel reservation as well as ground transportation logistics.
- To liaise with accounts office for handover of out-print/invoices during normal working hours.
- To receive customer’s payments after the accounts has closed.
- Contact potential clients, attend to inquiries, and book information in the CRM system.
- Monitor payments, follow up with accounts and support as necessary.
- To send/receive/sort/distribute central incoming mail, e-mail to different departments.
- Responding to telephone calls.
- To prepare information for staff during staff teas/Matangazo for action and ensure that the information is always up-dated.
- Provide the front office services during working hours, evenings and weekends.
- To administrate safe deposits according to the organizational guidelines.
- Other task related to front office and reception that will be assigned to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Tourism and Hospitality Management/ Secretarial studies and Management
- 2 years of experience working in customer service.
- 1 year of front desk experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, and emails, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Exceptional ability to create a welcoming environment.
- Ability to observe business etiquette and maintain a professional appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to solve client issues in a friendly and timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Familiarity with CRM systems and data capturing
Terms & Conditions
The position of Front Office Assistant will be based at the MS TCDC training Centre in Usa River, Arusha under the following terms and conditions:
o The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a contract of one (1) year with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC. o A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant. o A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to email@example.com by 17th March, 2023 midnight East African Time (EAT) with title Front Office Assistant.
*We value all applications but we can only respond to short listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, by promoting intercultural diversity and give specific preference to women!
Discussion about this post