JOB ADVERT – GEOLOGICAL ASSISTANT (03 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geological Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the geology section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Senior Geo-Technician
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety gears are available at all times
- Assist with daily field drilling logistics, team up with other geological assistants and geologist to ensure work is completed on time.
- Assist in carrying out sampling, geological measurements, sample processing, dispatch and storage of drilling samples
- Ensure the drill samples are collected in accordance with the standard operating procedures including recording of all required information, routine quality assurance, quality control practices, good sample dispatch records and reconciliation
- Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, good sample quality, good core recovery and reporting all irregularities to the management
- Ensure timely recording of geological data entry and filing system
- Ensure pre-starts checklist are conducted before the start of every shift and start of assigned task.
- Assist with daily report /log sheets submission to the supervisor and on timely manner
- Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities as per standard operating procedures
- Deliver timely peer and management feedback
- Assist all underground tasks as may be required.
- Continually improvement and ensure delivery of the results as required by the departmental target
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ordinary Secondary Education
- Certificate/Diploma in geological studies will be added as an advantage
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum 1 years working experience in mining industry in geology or exploration,
- Underground mining experience will be added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal.
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health & Safety Act awareness
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
Discussion about this post