With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Provide technical guidance and support to the KITIKI Project team on Gender equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Advocacy
- Support the development of projects’ annual work plan ensuring integration of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) and advocacy.
- Work with the project team to ensure gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) is well integrated in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Support projects to identify and address GESI-related risks (including risks related to Sexual and Gender-based Violence (SGBV)) and ensure No Harm approaches within the programming
- Project activities are implemented as planned
- Strategy is well implemented and gender transformation achieved
- The work plan is developed and implemented
Representing WV at external events; external contacts coalition building and networking on GESI related
- Maintain Good/harmonious relations between World Vision Tanzania, donors, and all other stakeholders through reporting and sharing of information periodically
- Participate in preparing Policy briefings on GESI and Advocacy for external meetings to deliver messages about improving the livelihood of the most vulnerable children
- Collaborate with the Government and other stakeholders to commemorate national events related to GESi
- Policy brief prepared and presented to influence policy change
Promoting Gender Equality integration of Advocacy in the KITIKI Project
- Develop and Implement KITIKI capacity building strategy that enhances staff capacity to oversee the integration of GESI in four outcomes of the project
- Coordinate, support and facilitate capacity-building interventions on GESI and Advocacy (CVA) to key project partners and stakeholders including men, women, girls, boys and people with disability, implementing partners, and community-level leaders, to equip them to support GESI and CVA integration and implementation in all program areas.
- Support Training to TOTs in addressing Gender Based Violence and Advocacy issues on food security and livelihood sector.
- Coordinate GESI assessment in KITIKI, develop and share report and ensure GESI issues are part of plan
- Be a spokesperson for KITIKI project on identified Gender Inclusion and Advocacy issues.
- CVA teams strengthened and monitored standards, scores cards and action plans implemented
Provide guidance and support for GESI-responsive program implementation
- Support field staff to build skills to support case management for children with disabilities and referring children with disability (and their families) to needed services
- Support staff to monitor project implementation to address emerging GESI-specific disparities and barriers and make necessary adjustments
- Project staff supported GESI responsive program implementation
Support GESI Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Support GESI Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Ensure Gender Equality and Social Inclusion are well integrated into Monitoring and Evolution
- Design (or review) tools to collect GESI-related data for monitoring and to answer GESI-related evaluation questions
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in alignment with specific donor requirements and WVT standards.
- Ensure data collection follows guidelines in ethics for collecting SGBV data.
- Support GESI analysis, interpretation, and use of monitoring and evaluation data.
- Identify and track GESI indicators in food security and livelihoods
- Provide technical inputs on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) in baseline studies
- Support staff to develop GESI impact stories, case studies or promising practices to record and communicate GESI-related impact.
- Project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories are documented and uploaded in Horizon and WV Central Repository
- All key project documents and information are uploaded in Horizon
- Monthly, Quarterly, Semi- Annual and Annual report produced.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum five years of experience
- Experience in supporting GESI responsive and transformative designs and related mainstreaming strategies and activities especially in livelihood sector
- Experience in disability inclusion in programming
- Experience leading GESI analysis (specifically gender and disability analysis) to inform design and to support GESI-Responsive monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in policy influence, advocacy or research related field
- Knowledge of current approaches to gender equality, disability inclusion and broader inclusion programming in transformational development environments
- Demonstrate Experience working in Gender, advocacy, lobbying, other stakeholders and communication,
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Gender, Community Development, Development Studies, and related studies with at least 5 years of experience
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability/experience of managing and working with a network
- Experience working in Gender and Advocacy
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and excellent organizational skills, the ability to determine priorities, and attention to detail a must
- Good Communication skills (English & Swahili)
- Work in a multisector/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day-to-day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
- Experience working with government
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30 % of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
KITIKI Project Manager
- Direct Reporting
Gender & Advocacy Manager
- Technical Matrix Reporting
Other Project Staffs
Local Government Authorities
- Work together in project implementation including co-planning, review and reporting.
- All decisions will be done with the endorsement of the KITIKI Project Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Kigoma,
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Discussion about this post