JOB ADVERT – GRADUATE MINING ENGINEER (02 VACANCY)
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Graduate Mining Engineer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Mining Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Ensure safe work practices, all incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time and assist with any other accident investigation when required.
- Identify, notify and/or rectify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace.
- Assisting operational personnel by gathering and analyzing data for all short-term planning activities and operational activities.
- Assisting in continuous improvement and process development projects.
- Regularly visit underground to inspect development and stopping areas to ensure the safety, efficient development and production.
- Plan, coordinate, interpret and report on field investigation programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as you may be required by Technical Services Department from time to time.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the manager.
- Tertiary Degree in Mining Engineering
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- General exposure of mining operations. Underground mining environment is preferred.
- Computer Skills – MS Office, Microsoft Project
- Underground Mining Method and System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good work ethic energy and passion
- Initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- Ability to work autonomously and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demands running concurrently.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
Discussion about this post