Head of Logistics
Grumeti Fund Trust is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following position:
Position: Head of Logistics (1)
|DATE OF ADVERTISEMENT||07TH MARCH 2023|
|JOB POSITION||HEAD OF LOGISTICS|
|DUTY STATION||SERENGETI DISTRICT, MARA, TANZANIA|
|REPORTING LINE||ANTI-POACHING MANAGER|
The purpose of this position is to manage inventory such as vehicles, firearms and a number of other sensitive and high value equipment for the Grumeti Fund anti-poaching department in a number of stations spread across the 350,000-acre Ikorongo Grumeti Game Reserve Complex. The Head of Logistics will also oversee the ordering & issuing of rations & other routine consumables, as well as the issuing of high value equipment for the 136-member team. She/he will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that all anti-poaching equipment is issued, used, and maintained to the highest standards by strictly implementing our accountability systems and protocols.
This role will be answerable to the Grumeti Fund Anti-Poaching (AP) Manager
Skills & Experience
- A high level of integrity is crucial for this role.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience of working within procurement and supply chain systems.
- A Relevant degree or diploma.
- Excellent computer literacy, with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel, (she/he will receive on site training and familiarisation with our internal procurement systems).
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Management, timekeeping, and communication skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Exceptional English.
- A thorough respect for conservation and nature.
Together with the Logistics Supervisor, The Head of Logistics will:
- Place monthly AP staff ration and toiletries orders through our internal procurement infrastructure.
- Place orders for routine consumables for our Canine Unit
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Oversee the issuing and receipt of AP rations, consumables & equipment, adhering to our accountability systems.
- Conducting routine inventory inspections to ensure that all equipment is accounted for, serviceable and well maintained.
- Backloading unserviceable equipment for timely maintenance to ensure minimum downtime.
- Preparing relevant documentation and timely reports
Mode of application
Interested candidates for this position when applying must include application letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Academic Certificates. All applications should be addressed to and sent to the Head of Human Resources by email via email@example.com or by postal mail addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
Grumeti Reserves Ltd
P.O Box 65 Mugumu, Mara region, Tanzania.
The deadline for receiving applications is 18th March 2023, 17:00 PM Grumeti Fund Trust is an equal opportunity employer.