Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES, T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and the wider society. AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKES, T is looking to hire qualified candidates for the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
The job-holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal Department. The incumbent provides legal oversight and advisory services on legal matters, contractual obligations and ligations. He/she ensures effective management of legal, regulatory and contractual risks rough proactive interventions and consultations.
Responsibilities Mitigating Legal risks
- Review ongoing cases and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice on contract
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
- Protect the image of the company in relation to its corporate clients and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance on working environment work place rules are adhered by all employees
- Ensure compliance with country legislation on all issues relating to employee’s relationships
- Ensure HR practice and activities are guided by Code of good practice.
- Provide sound legal advice and management of all Legal Affairs
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with HR manage
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic and professional qualifications
- LLB degree; PGD degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania.
- At least four (A) years’ experience legal matters ideally in a leading organization issues (in house), with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting.
- Demonstrated success in managing and conducting a variety of court cases related to labour and other litigation matters is an essential requirement for this position.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel;
- Proven track record of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent relationship and communication skills necessary for interaction with the Government officials, the Judicial system and negotiating parties;
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration;
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters;
- High level of professional integrity, honest and confidentiality
- Good planning and organization skills; required for the role
How to Apply:
Applications should include application letter showing how you meet the requirements of the position up dated curriculum vitae, and names of three professional referees one must be your current employer. Subject Line should be the position you have applied for.
Closing date: 3rd March ,2023 via email.
Subject should be: LEGAL OFFICER
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P 0 Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted