Liaison Officer – Dodoma Statistics Of Energy
Context of the project
The European Union Delegation to Tanzania (EUD) has requested Expertise France to implement the “statistics and data” as part of the Tanzania energy Sector Reform Programme funded by the EU with a total of €35 million. The three programme components includes (1) TANESCO Modernisation (2) strategic planning and (3) energy statistics. The budget allocated to energy statistics component is 3.2 million EUR for a 30 month implementation period.
Expected outputs of the project
- Expected output 1: Improved capacity of government agencies for the production of energy data and statistics and how to use them
- Expected output 2: Improved data availability
- Expected output 3: Improved data management systems
- Expected output A: Improved accountability and policy dialogue of the government on the state of the energy sector and improved Monitoring and Evaluation of the Energy Sector and of the Energy Budget Support
Description of the position
- Supporting to the steering and monitoring of the intervention in connection with the head of project;
- Liaising with the project beneficiary institutions and other relevance stakeholders based in Dodoma or elsewhere in Tanzania mainland including the appointed focal points from the beneficiary institutions and the Ministry of Energy;
- Facilitate data sharing and data collection amongst beneficiaries of the project;
- In charge of the primary monthly collection of data for the EU Budget Support M&E indicators;
- Supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation scheme;
- Coordinating project stakeholders and activities in Dodoma, including assisting the organisation of the energy sector reviews and the policy dialogue meetings;
- Preparing experts missions in Dodoma.
Duration and location of the project
The contract will be established for a minimum duration of 18 months. The Liaison Officer will be based in Dodoma, with potential missions to Dar Es Salaam and other locations in Tanzania.
Profile of the Liaison Officer A. Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, econometrics or other related field(s)
- Excellent command of office tools (Pack Office, in particular Excel/Windows tools);
- Writing, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English;
- Good level of in written and spoken Kiswahili.
General professional experience
- Minimum of five years of experience working with a regulator, utility or policy implementing unit with proven knowledge and experience in frameworks for energy sector regulation across the energy value chains (generation/production, transmission/transportation, distribution and sales);
- At least one similar experience in the field of development, particularly in project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in statistics, planning and modelling would be an asset;
- Experience working with different parties (agencies, donors, national party) would be an asset;
Mode of Application
Interested applicants with relevant profiles and experience are encouraged to send their tailored CVs and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday March, 13th 2023.