JOB ADVERT – MINE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (03 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Control Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mine Control Superintendent
- To ensure that reliable and accurate data are captured into the management information system and that the data are analysed in real time to support decisions for the operational front-line leaders to maximize the equipment overall effectiveness.
- Assist in the formulation of underground mine logistics strategies, especially the allocation of equipment and crews to mine compliance to plan
- Keep in contact with mining crews to confirm their needs for whole shift with production requirements.
- Maintain good working relationships with Mining operators and Supervisors.
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of mine operators, maintenance crews and equipment.
- Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders.
- Operate radio equipment
- Diploma in Mining Engineering or any other related courses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data Management in similar work environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong personal commitment to implementation of proper safety, environmental and other policies, and procedures, with the ability to foster strong safety culture
- Strong ability to work with people from a wide range of nationalities and cultures
- Attention to detail and ability to deal with numbers
- Communication Skills in both English & Swahili
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Cultural translation
- Team Membership
- Computer skills, Excel, Access, and Word
- Analysis and diagnosis of data
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.