Develop and manage the New Financial Services(Business Development strategy) to ensure growth and development of existing and new services, Drive New Financial Services Strategy, Develop and roll segment specific customer value propositions focused on savings, group savings, wealth management and other new products that align with M-Pesa Roadmap, Regularly Review existing products and services that are with in New Financial Services portfolio, to improve customer experience and develop tactical plans to stimulate increased usage and Strategic Relationships-Research and screen potential M-PESA opportunities and advice on which ones need to be pursued further- included in the Strategy Road Map
• Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction
• Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make
• Communicates simply to excite and engage people
• Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively
• Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks
Creativity and Innovation
• Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems
• Takes risks and pushes what is possible
• Experiments with unorthodox approaches
• Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
• Balances current and future needs
• Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
• Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards
Project and Programme Management
• Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit
• Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies
Qualification & Experience
§ Bridge between Commercial and IT – Ability to work with commercial and technical teams to scope system and campaign requirements
§ Delivering Results – strong focus on delivering tangible results based on company objective
§ Managing a changing environment – Ability to self-develop and keep up with new technologies while also maintaining focus on operational metrics
§ Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or a business management discipline
§ 3 years’ experience in Business Development in a highly competitive commercial environment
§ Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail. Experience in learning technology, enterprise applications or testing marketplace.
§ Good understanding of financial principles understands financial ratios, and business case development.
§ Good understanding of the Tanzanian market, subscriber preferences and subscriber trends
§ Disciplined detail-oriented style, combined with ability to simultaneously work at an operational level
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.