Line of Service
G and PS – Other
Job Description & Summary
Bring your experiences. Grow your skills. Make your mark. Our community of solvers is ready to apply your expertise in new and unexpected ways. You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered and purpose-driven.
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a passionate community of solvers working together in unexpected ways to create solutions that untangle some of the world’s most complex problems. We combine perspectives and technologies to create new solutions, and help our clients build trust and make a lasting difference. We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with 327,000+ people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Advisory and Tax services.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Tanzania invites applications from qualified candidates for the position below: –
Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Expert for Health Products
As a Procurement and Supply Management Professional, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience/expertise in assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for AIDS, TB and malaria;
- Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process;
- Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems;
- Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs;
- A good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards;
- Proven project and program management expertise gained in implementing change and leading Supply Chain techniques in similar situations;
- Proven success working in complex multi-stakeholder environments, requiring decision making abilities with limited information available and under tight deadlines;
- Good writing and analytical skills.
- A Graduate Degree (MSc. equivalent) in Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries.
Desirable skills and attributes
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM) of health products, logistics and/or public health.
- Several years of experience in both the public and private sectors.
- Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical Sector and understanding of pharmaceutical Supply Chains in developing countries.
- Knowledge and experience of public health with relationships with some Global Fund high impact countries.
- Membership of a recognized professional organization.
- Must have good written and spoken English and Swahili languages.
- Must be physically based in the United Republic of Tanzania.
If you are keen to grow your career your own way and to discover how a career with PwC will benefit you, find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.co.tz and apply online. Your career path will be unique, diverse, and exceptional as we give you the best opportunities to excel and shine.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
March 12, 2023