Programme Development and Quality Manager (PDQM)
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Programme development and quality Manager (PDQM) that will be based in Kibondo with frequent field visit to support programmes implemented in different part of the country in collaboration with different partners and other relevant stakeholders. The location of this post may change depending on the evolving needs of HelpAge Programme.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request for further details.
The Programme Development & Quality Manager (PDQM) is a management position supporting country leads to ensure the country strategy and programme design are of high quality, based on evidence, and implemented according to the organisation’s standards. He/she is responsible for leadership and management of the Programme Quality department, which consists of Grants Management, MEAL, Information Management, and Partnerships. This position also provides coordination and technical support in donor related and engagement to the Head of Programs (HoP). The PDQM will also manage HelpAge humanitarian and recovery programme. He/she may also be assigned to manage other projects as the programme grows.
- A Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Development, Economics or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of programme implementation experience out of which one year must be with INGO
- Budget and financial management skills
- At least 3 years’ experience with people management
- Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management.
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organizations
- Ability to coach and mentor diverse partners across several regions
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
- Communication, and reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge in gender and ageing issues
- Experience of closely working with the media for public awareness
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Experience of working with Government (Republic of Tanzania and Zanzibar)
Contract Period is six (6) months with potential for renewal
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description before applying. Interested applicant should send his/her CV and cover letter stating how he/she meets the key competencies through email, to: email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before 20th February 2023. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.