NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Job holder reports to the Head of Risk and Compliance. He/She is responsible for working as part of the credit risk team to review and report/recommend projects across the bank. He/She also assists the Head of Risk and Compliance to prepare and review risk management reports and ensure limit excesses, exceptions and non-compliance are promptly addressed.
- Review all customer credit applications.
- Prepare reports on the bank’s limits and concentrations exposure.
- Prepare reports on the effectiveness of the monitoring of credit facility and program limits to ensure that they are observed and excesses are promptly addressed.
- Prepare reports on the adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer Credit applications.
- Assist in the preparation of early warning and other credit reports.
- Review the Management Information System to determine and advise on possible related risks.
- Assist in ensuring the development and improvements of various risk measurements, methodologies, and techniques used for the quantification and reporting of the bank’s Credit Risks.
- Assist in the development of an appropriate pricing methodology for all the bank’s credit products.
- Assist to develop mechanisms to ensure that the bank’s credit risk decisions are based on transparent, accurate, and rigorous analytics.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Head of Risk and Compliance from time to time.
- Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plan.
- Ability to review business outcomes with colleagues and the Manager from time to time.
- Ability to identify areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
- Ability to take responsibility for meeting client needs.
- Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues. Gives open and constructive feedback.
- Ability to analyze the process required in undertaking a piece of work in order to plan tasks
- Ability to define and adapt own activities with the time required.
- Ability to evaluate credit application proposals and compare projects constructively.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and data.
- Ability to understand markets of different products and evaluate its potentials.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- University Graduate in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Banking, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in credit risk assessment and relationship banking at the Officer level.
- Strong analytical report-writing skills.
- Computer skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE:
Job applicants are required to apply for this employment opportunity through; the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective applications:
- Application letter showing how you meet the requirements of the position
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Applications should reach the undersigned no later than 4.00 pm on Sunday, 5th of March 2023.
If you have not heard from us four weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.