* This position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania*
This senior partner leads, designs, implements, and advises on complex human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the incumbent leads major, complex human resource projects and initiatives for multiple countries. Further, she or he often coaches and oversees the work of other partners and related staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Leads managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Educates employees, answering sensitive questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution, performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, performs recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current and complete understanding of local, national, and applicable international laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates, and designs resolutions regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Analyzes the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Develops and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Develops programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Ten years Relevant experience working in this or a related field with at least 5 years heading a HR Function
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Discussion about this post