Title: Senior Strategic Results Manager
Department: Program Implementation and Management
Reports To: Director of Strategic Results Management
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Strategic Results Manager –RAS is a self-motivated individual who will provide direct oversight of the Regional Acceleration Strategy (RAS), and has both supervisory and managerial responsibility over all aspects of overall regional project implementation management; including RAS team work planning, execution, monitoring, documentation and reporting. He/she has a regional project representation and relationship management function of our sub-partners, collaborative partners and other IPs and stakeholders in the supported region and districts. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Results Management (DSRM), the SRM-RAS leads a strong team, including technical advisors and officers, M&E staff and operations staff, in a collaborative team spirit focused on achievement of project/RAS goals and objectives. He/she provides implementation oversight to maximize efficient budget and other RAS resource utilization, guided by the level of support needed to achieve overall regional, districts facilities project results. The SRM-RAS will ensure the regional C3HP implementation is well planned, coordinated and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The SRM-RAS will work in close collaboration with the pool of Technical Advisors based in the country/Dar office, to ensure a well-coordinated flow of technical advisory support to the region, as well as Dar based operations teams to manage grants under contract with regional stakeholders, to ensure RAS work plan implementation is well aligned with budget allocation. Strategic Results Manager –RAS will work and coordinate with Councils Results Based Management (RBM) Coordinators, CHMTs and RHMT’S to support a sustained response, designed to address the program sustainability. This includes jointly planning for the RAS Strategy, monitoring and evaluation, as well as weekly and monthly Program monitoring and immediate course correction
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Overall leadership and management of overall RAS project implementation across the project region, districts, facilities and communities
- Leading RAS team work planning, execution, monitoring, and documentation and reporting.
- Provides a regional project representation and relationship management function of our sub-partners, collaborative partners and other IPs and stakeholders in the supported region and districts.
- Provides supervisory and managerial technical and operations oversight to the RAS team
- Work and collaborate with RHMTs and CHMTs to ensure RAS priorities are mirrored in region and council’s comprehensive plans aligned with the USAID Afya Yangu Northern (formally known as C3HP) project and regional councils plans and targets
- Coordinate with Senior Technical Advisors and Advisors based in Dar es Salaam also referred to as thematic areas lead to ensure adequate and quality timely provision of technical assistance, intervention implementation resources availability, monitoring and results documentation and reporting/sharing.
- Ensure functional and well guided roving and case management teams by the regional, councils and facility performance priorities are well aligned with available project resources, technical and operations support.
- Coordinate with and conduct quarterly joint supportive supervision with the RHMTs to facilitate the implementation of the planned activities , review progress and provide feedback for further improvement.
- Overall responsible and accountable for the RAS team, regional USAID Afya Yangu Northern project performance results
- Provide oversight and ensure programmatic and financial /operation compliance with the Foundation, government and donor SOPs, guidelines and policies are adhered to in the course of project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Overall responsible and accountable for RAS USAID Afya Yangu Northern quality and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual regional specific input including successes, lessons and challenges with proposed actions forward.
To be successful, you will have:
- Medical professional with over 10 years of experience working in RCH, FP, HIV/AIDS and TB programs in Tanzania.
- Master’s in public health or other relevant master’s degree is an essential requirement.
- Project Management training is desirable.
- Experience managing donor funded projects, with vast knowledge on US Rules and Regulation.
Bonus points if you have:
- At least 7 years of proven project management experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of health programs
- Understanding on local RCH, HIV, TB and FP integration context within health facilities and community levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve . Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID)/Tanzania Afya Yangu Northern is designed around client – centred approaches to address gaps in HIV, TB and Family Planning (FP) service delivery, while continuously building and transferring the capacity of local stakeholders for sustainable and country- led ownership. USAID Afya Yangu Northern will focus on intensely on direct service delivery across all regions in early project years, ensuring that gaps to epidemic control are identified, and tailored solutions are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable populations
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:
Closing Date: March 31st 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.