itle: Senior Technical Advisor – Pediatric and Youth Services
Department: Program Implementation and Country Management
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Technical Director/ Deputy Chief of Party
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The senior technical advisor pediatric and youth services (STA-PY) plays a key role in the implementation of EGPAF Tanzania’s pediatric and youth focus and strategy. As part senior technical advisory team, he/she will provide technical advice to the regional teams and offer hands-on capacity building of regional/council and site staff in the area of reproductive, maternal newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), in particular in the prevention, care, treatment and support for HIV and TB services. The STA-PY will support integrated and comprehensive services including ECD, nutrition and other pediatric specific disease management by developing innovative approaches to improve the program. He/she will act as a valuable source of information for the GoT at national level and implementing partners while continuously advocating for high quality health services for HIV exposed or infected children and their families.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
Lead and monitor the implementation of the Pediatric and adolescent strategy.
- Design and implement innovative and sustainable service delivery models that offer quality client-centred Pediatric and youth services.
- Coordinate with technical advisors and officers of the projects, R/CHMT and health facility staff to offer integrated services.
- Work with MEL department to regular monitor progress towards pediatric and youth targets, to strengthen the documentation and reporting of /on the pediatric and youth HIV cascade.
- Work within the regional RAS teams on identifying and addressing region specific pediatric and youth issues in the areas of HIV, TB, early childhood development, family planning, and violence against children.
- Implement, monitor, evaluate and document the different initiatives and client centered service delivery models, including quality improvement methodologies.
Pediatric and youth capacity building of service providers and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and contribute to the development, review and roll out of new guidelines, ARV regimens recommendations/circulars or any changes as guided by the MOH.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and mentorship to build pediatric capacity of service providers.
- Conduct site assessment to identify gaps and needs, and address them, including morbidity and mortality case reviews.
To be successful, you will have:
- MD, with more than 10 years of experience working in HIV, TB and AYFHS related programing, managing and or supporting implementation of programs with a focus on pediatrics and youth.
- MMED Pediatrics and child health, or Master of Public Health degree or other advance medical or relevant degree is and added advantage.
Bonus points if you have:
- At least 5 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of Pediatric HIV/AIDS programming, including supervision and reporting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal successfully with existing stakeholders, team members, potential partners, and government officials.
- Experience in clinical management of Pediatric and adolescent HIV/AIDS and TB, ASRH
- Experience in project management
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve . Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID)/Tanzania Afya Yangu Northern is designed around client – centred approaches to address gaps in HIV, TB and Family Planning (FP) service delivery, while continuously building and transferring the capacity of local stakeholders for sustainable and country- led ownership. USAID Afya Yangu Northern will focus on intensely on direct service delivery across all regions in early project years, ensuring that gaps to epidemic control are identified, and tailored solutions are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable population.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer, and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:
Closing Date: March 31st, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.