STREET WORKER (1 POSITION)
Amani Centre for Street Children is a nationally registered NGO based in Moshi, Kilimanjaro with its branches in Arusha and Singida Regions. Amani is seeking to recruit a dynamic, detail-oriented, self-starter professional to fill the position of Street Worker.
Selected candidate in this position will work with Street Children in Arusha with the primary purpose to build positive relationship with them and motivate them to leave the street. S/He will directly re unify new children on Street and escort all children who will be ready to leave the street to Amani (Arusha Safe House). S/He will plan and conduct sessions to street Children and keep appropriate records for all street in contact and share with social workers.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work, Community development, Counseling Sociology, or other related discipline.
- Good understanding about realities of street Children
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in working with children and youth with difficult behaviors.
- Willingness and strong dedication to work with street Children.
- Ability to work irregular hours under minimum supervision.
- Good Command of English and Swahili (Oral and written)
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your detailed cover letter, resume, copies of relevant certificates/diplomas, and contacts of at least 2 professional referees to email@example.com not later than 24 February 2023. Please clearly indicate referee’s address, email, and day phone numbers.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.