Full time Jobs Geita February 14, 2023 Mining JobsJob Description
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Superintendet 2 – Open Pit Mine Planning
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Senior Manager Technical Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Provide advanced specialist support to the Open Pit Mine Planning Section to deliver the GGM mining budget in a manner consistent with the Company’s vision and Values. The Superintendent 2 – OP Mine Planning is accountable for the planning work required to improve productivity thereby reducing unit costs and improving profitability.
- A post-graduate degree qualification in a mining or related discipline
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 8+ years relevant experience in the mining industry
MA MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop LOM options to assist the Senior Manager Technical Services develop and manage the Life-of-Mine (LOM) plan, ensure consistent and predictable delivery of the GGM LOM plan.
- Build department capability (people, structure,) to deliver on Planning budgets aligned to GGM goals and LOM strategy
- Construct and deliver the annual department budget based on business plan objectives set by the Senior Manager Technical Services, to achieve targets in terms of operating costs, capital costs and project deliverables
- Implement and monitor the Integrated Planning Process, that ensures actual performance and budget are aligned
- Report performance to plan, identify and rectify variances to the plan (MTP), providing feedback to, and seeking input from, the Senior Manager Technical Services, Geology Manager and Mining Manager, keeping management informed of any foreseeable risks or impediments to plan and budget delivery and steps taken to ameliorate identified risks in order to maintain sustainable operations
- Develop and manage Operational Excellence initiatives in the Planning Department to develop continuous improvement and add value to the operation
- To provide a safe work environment, implement and deliver compliance with SHE&C department plans, management systems and processes within Planning Department
- Accountable for the annual sign-off of ore reserves for Open Pit
- Competent in mining production processes & practice
- Expert in Open pit mine planning
- Competent in contract management
- Demonstrated strategic and analytic thinking
- Demonstrated capability in organising work, setting priorities, and exercising sound independent judgement and preparedness to take a well-reasoned stand on matters of importance
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- High energy and level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals for self and team
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound short-term tactical decisions – quickly assembling and interpreting data to successfully action priorities.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Superintendent 2 – Open Pit Mine Planning’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 21th February 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Discussion about this post