ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor- TSF & Lime transfer
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: TSF Senior Supervisor.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to assist the Senior Supervisor in achieving his/her accountabilities by co-ordinating TSF crew and provide leadership and operational guidance to ensure efficient operations of the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF).
- O-level education or above.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- 3 years of working experience in the Gold Processing Plant, gold production operations with regards to CIL/CIP processing, knowledge of TSF operation and metallurgical processes and how the various units of the circuit operate.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, and best operating practices.
- Conduct toolbox meeting daily
- Coordinate tasks and resources
- Supervising daily operations of the TSF. Lime transfer and raw/or decant water pumping.
- Assist in the development of competencies of other employees
- Assist to coordinate disposing of empty cyanide boxes
- Achieve TSF zero seepage
- Ensure a slurry density, underdrain collection pond flow rates are taken as per requirement
- Ensure TSF monitoring instruments are inspected
- Maintain lime silo level >100t
- Maintain water (Raw and/ or decant) flows at required flow target
- Minimize lead time to have breakdown address clearly to the appropriate personnel
- Ability to communicate with other cross-functional departments or sections
- Be able to Manage operation Costs
- General administrative duties like resolving employee issues and disputes etc
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of cyanide handling, competent on density and seepage flow.
- Wide knowledge of TSF. Lime and water pump operation
- Fluency in Swahili or English or both
- ERB will be added advantage for the BSc holders’
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor- TSF & Lime transfer
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 10th February 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com