Purpose of Role
To provide expert Finance and accounting business support to operations managers to help them plan and monitor the financial performance of their business units to achieve their business objectives.
- Do business partnering with Operations Managers and Department Heads by offering accounts support.
- Compute supply chain savings eg from automated operations, projects, cost savings initiatives, reduction of business waste, etc
- Prepare and cascade Unit profitability report by 10th of every month.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Check internal controls for units and conduct spot checks to ensure compliance with controls in place.
- Ensure monthly accounts discussions are held with units and a report is submitted to the Finance Manager by 15th every month. Follow up is made on identified issues.
- Review provisions and accruals before posting into the ledger and ensure monthly reconciliations are done.
- Ensure allocation of costs journals for Management accounts purposes.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure all Monthly journals and returns from units and departments are received and posted into the ledger correctly and as per the checklist.
- Train finance clerk on accounting policy manual on various accounting treatments which are done monthly.
- Provide information and explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Conduct stock taking exercise twice a year and resolve the variances timely.
- Monthly commentaries as per allocated department and ensure the movement is well explained and do make sense.
- Set targets for direct reports.
- Verify and approve online payment as per guideline.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor of degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounting specifically in cost accounting.
- Experience in people management
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building,
- Employee coaching and development skills.
Should meet expectations of the ekaterra CHOICE Values relevant to this work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.