North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Survey Technician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
- Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Assist on all open pit survey operations including but not limited to face,pattern,ore blocks,Grade control mark ups etc.
- Assist on all Underground Survey operations including but not limited to face, production rings,cable bolts,scanning (CMS),Boretraking etc.
- Assist on site and/or offsite civil engineering construction project such as roads, buildings, dams, pitch etc
- Assist on all stockpile measurement such as Aggregate, Sand, Soil, Clay, Ore and Waste
- Assist to demarcate and coordinate land parcels
- Assist in identifying and restoring land boundary
- Assisting Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
- Assist Mine Surveyor(s), to update water level, disturbed land and topsoil stockpile for weekly and monthly reporting to Environmental Department
- Assist Mine Surveyors as required in their day-to-day duties.
- Making sure all section Light vehicles, Survey equipment and store are kept clean.
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for survey data collection.
- Assist survey data compilation into correct formats and grid reference systems.
- Assist to survey as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
- Basic certificate in Geomatics/Land Surveying and or long related field will be added advantage
Experience and Competencies needed
- At least 5 years of working experience in relevant position and mining environment. (Working experience in open pit and underground mines will add an advantage).
- At least two years in Civil Projects including Road, Dams and Building Construction projects
- Excellent safety record
- Basic knowledge of surveying principles
- Familiarity with modern surveying equipment.
- Basic computer knowledge on Microsoft Office and any mining software.
- Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization