Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The key purpose of this role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations that facilitate the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, Collaboration tools, and telecommunications systems. In collaboration with external vendors, system experts and information security experts Tech Ops Manager will schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems promptly and accurately.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
Network, Facilities, and Infrastructure
- Evaluating network performance issues in the country (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures and maintaining documentation.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors; and ensuring proper time escalation with third-party providers and GCC and Zone teams.
- Ensure Data Centre equipment (servers, switches) and infrastructure facilities (Cooling, Power, UPS, and Fire Suppression/Extinguishers) are maintained according to ABI standards- this includes suggesting options for efficiency and cost optimization, troubleshooting and escalation relevant Zone and Group teams for extended support where needed.
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes
- Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity issues.
- Work closely with Zones and GCC teams to align the patch management calendars for databases, switches, other network equipment, and any other changes which will impact Tanzania by participating in relevant set forum calls.
- Set up plans for management of EOL equipment, ensuring disposal per ABI policy on environment safety and cyber policies for data protection.
Budget, Vendor Management and MICS controls
- Vendor Management, including regular SLA tracking and reviews, contract reviews and ensuring timely payments for services which ABI has procured.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting budget information and monitoring expenses for proper cost optimization.
- Execute MICS controls related to Network, Facilities, and Infrastructure- identify gaps for a better control environment.
End User Computing Devices and 365 MS License Management
- Actively monitor EUC device requirements, manage its distribution to users, and manage related licenses and disposal for EOL in line with ABI policies.
- Monitor Microsoft licenses and other applications to ensure they are allocated per user based on optimizing productivity and costs.
Key attributes and competencies:
- Manage team job allocation and create performance and leave management plans which ensure Business Continuity.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Knowledge and experience in modern ICT network infrastructure architecture practices, e.g., SDWAN and operations in medium to large organizations to guide quality improvements and strategic changes.
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide the performance of network infrastructure design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produces high-quality service.
- Knowledge and practical application of all relevant organizational policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork and trust needed to support performance and customer-service-oriented culture.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and other stakeholders who impact performance
- University degree/adv diploma in Information technology/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications
- Training and certification in ICT Service Management e.g., ITIL (advantageous)
- At least three years’ experience in Infrastructure support in medium to large organizations and or FMCG organization would be an added advantage.
- Country Solutions Manager
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 28 March 2023.