With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Provide the consortium with Market Linkage and Value Chain Development Technical Insight
- Lead value chain (and/or situational) analysis exercise among the implementing organization.
- Facilitate prioritization of specific ecological sounding and market-led value chains which will contribute to land restoration efforts to the community in accordance with the value chain analysis’s report recommendation.
- Take lead on engaging relevant and key value chain actors and coordinate their roles on respective value chain stages (producers, inputs suppliers, transporters, processors, consumers etc)
- Facilitate stakeholders’ forums to address value chain constraints and maximize market development opportunities.
- Train, coach and mentor local market facilitators for effective market linkages.
- Facilitate project officers in the delivery of in Market and Value chain thematic interventions.
- Presence of quality and informative value chain analysis reports
- Translation and usability of value chain results to smallholder’s farmers
- Effective project implementation in Market and Value chain thematic area among consortium members.
Organization and coordination of smallholder farmers within APs of THRIVE 2.O for economies of scale.
- Formation of new Producer Groups (PGs)
- Strengthening existing Producer Groups (PGs)
- Formation and strengthening of Producer Associations (PAs)
- Take lead on ensuring PGs and PAs sustainably access market information for market led farming
- PGs and PAs with increased productivity and profitability for the wellbeing of children
Develop market information system for selected value chains through digitization of farmers groups for increased productivity and market linkages.
- Digitization of BSL
- Digitization of S4Ts groups for capital and market linkages
- Take lead on field visit and exposure to National and Regional exhibition
- Take lead on guiding farmers on translation and utilization of market led information
- Digitized BSL interventions
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Ensures project interventions on the required thematic area and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, participation in different forums including national, zonal, regional and local events.
- Represent the project in various assigned learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Build a network and create a positive image about the project and WV in general
Initiate, build and strengthen partnerships with key value chain actors related to prioritized value chains in respective clusters and APs
- Establish and maintain good relations with market and value chain partners, LGAs and stakeholders and other consortium members with regard to implementation and accountability.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions in the market and value chain development.
- Well-established market linkage networks with the government
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree in business-related fields such as Business Administration, Agriculture Economic and Agribusiness, etc.
- Must possess a minimum experience of not less than 4 years in similar projects.
- Experience working in, or delivering, resilient agriculture, economic development, food & nutrition security and community-based climate adaptation interventions.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields such as Business Administration, Agriculture Economics and Agribusiness, etc.
- Should have a prior experience with similar international NGOs
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at the local and/or national level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30%
- Willing to work in rural areas and travel extensively in consortium members’ regions of implementation.
- On call; 5%
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
THRIVE Program Manager
- Direct reporting – Daily
- Co-working – Daily
- Work together in Land restoration initiatives – Weekly
- Collaboration As required
- All decisions will be done with the endorsement of the THRIVE manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Discussion about this post