Purpose of Role
The Factory Workshop Supervisor/Planning Engineer is responsible for management of the Factory workshops (Mechanical and Electrical), productivity improvement & ensure high standards of machinery maintenance in the factory are achieved.
- Should develop daily machine checklist and also ensure all machines have been inspected according to the checklist, do proper planning for all observed faults
- Should identify artisan skills and knowledge gap. Identify and organize inhouse and outsourced training for Factory Artisans
- Ensures that the Workshop’s expenditure controls are in place
- Prepare and implement Machinery Maintenance Schedule for the all-factory machinery and utilities
- Maintain Inventory and asset register for the factory machinery
- Initiate and Control Job request systems by ensure all works must have job request and ensure proper machine history and documentation
- Ensures that all relevant legal & other safety requirements (mechanical) are compiled within the factory
- Supports installation of new processes & machinery.
- Takes charge of machinery modification and supports the implementation of WCM in the factory
- Responsible for the implementation of all company policies and procedures in the Workshop
- Takes charge of engineering requirement & maintenance of utility services.
- Deliver the business targets aligned to the Company Strategy
Continuous Improvement Management
- Should be OEE Champion for Respective factory by ensure all required data are captured and reported daily for discussion and proper recommendations on continuous improvement actions to improve OEE for the Factory
- Should be champion on tracking agreed KPIs to process Supervisors, Senior Artisans and Section team leads so as to improve Factories performance on Safety, Factory availability and Made tea quality
- Support factory managers on Identifying and initiations of factory quick wins project and keep tracking of those projects
- Do coaching to supervisors and team leads to empower their skills
Assets and Stocks
- Updates asset inventories records for the section.
- Maintain Machinery Inventory for the factories
- Prepares and avail machinery and equipment for statutory inspection and calibration for legal compliance and safety integrity.
- Maintain and take responsibility for the workshop tools register.
- Monitor and validate factory related stock (Spares) movements in conjunction with the store clerk and factory management.
- Responsible for the utilization of assets in the factory.
- Flag up redundant/obsolete assets to manager for disposal.
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and smooth delivery of service machinery in the factory
- Monitor machinery key performance indicators for efficient operation; generate periodic reports.
Finance, logistics and supplies
- Requisitions and verifies quality of spares and materials ordered for factory as per technical specification.
- Submits inputs into annual revenue & capital budgets.
- Provides technical specifications for the procurement of all stock e.g., spare parts.
- Carries out cost management in the factory workshop and ensures effective controls.
- Provide input into the monthly accounts review and implements agreed actions.
- Implement an effective procurement tracking system in the garage.
- Track and report daily artisan productivity in the factory, and take necessary actions for low performers while should motivate high performers
- To train & develop all staff and ensure good industrial relations in factory workshop
- Plans, allocates, and supervises all activities for maintenance teams.
- Train & develop all personnel in the Workshop and production operators on process equipment management and safe operating procedures.
- Handles employee industrial relations and maintains discipline in the workshop in conjunction with the line manager.
- Implements employee establishment in the workshop.
- Implement agreed welfare programmes and attend planned meetings ensuring completion of agreed actions.
- Responsible for the works team and ensures that agreed work plan targets and standards are implemented.
- Provide input and participate in the modular training of factory employees.
- Carries out the implementation of WCM in the Factory
- Carries out implementation of projects, in liaison with the line manager and engineering
- Keep abreast with all new technology covering tea making, maintenance, and energy usage and make proposals for implementation where appropriate.
- Participate in factory trials and implement actions.
- Implementation and follow up on improvement ideas on the shop floor.
Safety, Health, Environment, RA
- Authorizes issues and closes permits to work certificates in line with company policies for tasks related to the garage.
- Implements standard operating procedures and specific work instructions and proposes reviews.
- Implement service equipment guarding to meet Ekaterra standards.
- Coordinate implementation of safe operating procedures and specific work instructions and ensure compliance and collate proposals for reviews for the service equipment
- Maintains the workshop personnel reward/disciplinary and safety data in liaison with the factory manager.
- Should capture and prepare report on EPR for daily, weekly, and monthly. Should work close with factory manager to ensure all actions to ensure targets on EPR are achieved by establishing proper strategies to control the parameters
- Should work with factory managers and SHE Representatives to ensure proper risk assessment is done regularly and all observations/findings are captured, and action plan developed and tracked for Factories
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 Years’ experience.
- Manufacturing Performance Management
- Quality Assurance
- Responsible Care
- Human Factors – technical and human capabilities
- Manpower training, management, and assessment
- WCM Implementation and Tools
- Factory Maintenance and Operations
- Modern and Efficient Energy Technics
- Project Management
- Energy Management
Should meet expectations on the ekaterra Choice Values relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Discussion about this post